Gregg CliftonNew York, NY 10014
SummaryCorporate intranet champion. Over 10 years experience architecting, designing, building and maintaining large web sites and other interactive projects. I am a dedicated, hardworking employee with strong writing, design, strategic thinking, technical and collaboration skills.
CitiIntranet Manager, Digital Communications
December 2013 - Present, New York, NY
Redifine how the intranet functions and operates, improving the effectiveness of digital communications for Citi's Global Public Affairs function.
- Lead efforts to achieve consistent brand, search, web analytics, content management, and user experience
- Lead the design, development, and experience of intranet web properties
- Rationalize the physical and logical footprint for Citi's various corporate web properties and make appropriate recommendations
- Identify and strive to achieve the key performance indicators that translate to success for enterprise search and the intranet
- Define strategy for how news and information is targeted, consumed, prescribed, and subscribed to within the organization
- Formalize the information taxonomy for the intranet including business, function, and region properties, in addition to navigation and content flow.
- Strategy for how the intranet is integrated with other key platforms and user tools within Citi
- Engage owners of Citi's content sources to integrate with the enterprise search
- Manage internal Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Management (SEM), including best practices and documentation
- Constantly strive to refine and automate operational activities
- Partner with business stakeholders, development, engineering, user experience design, and vendors
Panasonic North AmericaManager, Corporate Intranet
February 2013 - November 2013, Newark, NJ
The PNA Intranet had been neglected for many years. In a short period of time, I identified and implemented improvements including: a more polished design, beefed-up news content, improved customer service, search engine, analytics, a user survey and quick links. We also made substantial progress on an RSS project, executive profiles and implementation of social tools including a blog platform. These improvements resulted in 268% increase in use and 35% improvement in findability and attractiveness according to our user survey.
Merrill Lynch/Bank of AmericaOctober 2001 - September 2012, New York, NY
Flagscape, the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch intranet, serves the needs of 300,000 employees worldwide and receives as many visits a day as nytimes.com. Flagscape provides employees with company news, access to HR tools, information about company initiatives, organizational information and procedures for procurement.
- Maintained sites across the technology & operations groups at Bank of America.
- Optimized search engine.
- Reduced number of total sites by merging and streamlining existing site structure.
- Supported intranet for technology and operations groups across Merrill Lynch.
- Created one-stop shopping site for technology products and services from messy assortment of independently maintained offerings.
- Maintained intranet site for Infrastructure group.
Merrill Lynch Network and Affinity Leadership Congress, 2008Presented communications strategy and best practices at a national conference of employee resource group leaders.
Merrill Lynch Leadership in Diversity Award, 2007Improved communications in LGBT Professional Network and other firm-wide diversity groups.
Merrill Lynch AVP Development Program, 2006Nominated for and completed intensive seven day classroom training to groom high-potential AVPs. Coursework is based on "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" curriculum.
Merrill Lynch Special Achievement Award, 2005Created a customized online application called TechHelp to present ML technology offerings enterprise-wide. In 2009, this application is still functioning in the same role and is one of the most visited sites on the intranet.
- Built websites and undertook a variety of web, interactive and information architecture projects for companies as diverse as Citibank, Voyager, Children's Television Workshop, Anheuser Busch and agnès b.
- Intranet Strategy
- Corporate Communications
- Writing for the Internet
- Microsoft Office
- Information Architecture
- UX Design
Web Content Manager, Global Marketing & Corporate AffairsMay 2010 - September 2012, New York, NY
Intranet Lead - Technology & Operations CommunicationsMarch 2004 - April 2009, New York, NY
ConsultantOctober 2002 - March 2004, New York, NY
Awards & Honors
Gregg Clifton Digital - Sole ProprietorMay 1997 - October 2002
New York, NY
New York UniversityNew York, NY
Masters, Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP)
New York University School of Continuing EducationNew York, NY
Certificate, Video Production
University of PennsylvaniaPhiladelphia PA
Bachelor of Arts (BA), English